Mathura Vrindavan Temples Day Tour
Beautiful and magnificent, ancient and modern Hindu temples of Lord Krishna are located in Mathura, just one hour drive from Agra. Explore the birthplace of Lord Krishna in this Mathura Vrindavan Temples day tour from Agra. This private full day guided tour includes stops at temples and ancient sites that are significant to Hinduism along with a boat ride in the River Yamuna and a visit to Government Museum which hosts one of the most remarkable collections of Indian civilization.
- Duration: 10 Hours
- Pickup / Drop: Anywhere in Agra
- Museum is closed on Mondays – Adjust your travel date accordingly.
- Temple opening times are 5 am – 12 noon, 4 pm – 9:30 pm
- Boat ride included on the banks of river Yamuna. (subject to availability)
- Sites visited: Janambhoomi (Birthplace), Government Museum, ISKCON Temple, Prem Mandir (Love Temple)
What To Expect
Start your journey from Agra after breakfast around 9 am for a drive to Mathura (1 hour). First Stop would be at Jamanbhumi – the birthplace of Lord Krishna followed by visit to the Government Museum which holds some pre-historic masterpieces of Indian origin found in excavations at different sites of Northern India. Next up is the boat ride on one of the banks of river Yamuna where you can see some ruins of the old forts mentioned in the Hindu mythological books. Stop for the lunch (own expense).
Around 4 pm, head for the temples of Vrindavan. Here the first visit is of ISKCON Temple run by International Society for Krishna Consciousness which have many similar temples worldwide and are famous for Hare Krishna Movement. After spending some quality time at ISKCON temple, head over for the highlight of the day – The Love Temple (Prem Mandir). The beautiful light decoration in the evening at this temple is a sight to behold. Finally drive back to Agra to be dropped at your choice of place.
Sites to Visit
- Krishna Janam Bhoomi – The actual birthplace of Lord Krishna
- Government Archaeological Museum
- Boating on the banks of River Yamuna
- ISKCON Temple
- Prem Mandir (Love Temple)
- Pickup Time – 9:00 am anywhere in Agra
- Drop-off – Anywhere in Agra
- Private Tour – This is a private tour/activity. Only your family/friends will participate.
- Availibility – This Mathura Vrindavan Temples day tour from Agra is available every day except on Monday.
- Please carry a valid photo id for checking at the the birthplace.
- Museum is closed on Mondays
- The duration of transfers are approximate; the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
|Up to 3 people||Up to 6 people|
US$ 70 / INR 5000
US$ 125 / INR 9000
No hidden fees or surcharges. You can pay tour charges once we meet in cash either in US$ or equivalent Indian Rupees / Euros.
- Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service.
- Private Air Conditioned Car with Driver.
- Mineral Water Bottles.
- All Applicable taxes, parking, toll.
- Entrance to Government Museum
- Boat Ride in Mathura
- Tips / Gratuities.
- Any meals.