From old bazars to Indian home visit, we’ll introduce you to heritage & Agra’s cultural past, present and future in this Agra Heritage Walk with us. This guided walking culture trail is an honest try to show you the real Agra beyond the much hyped Taj Mahal and its culture.
Agra Heritage Walk – Culture Trail
Lose yourself in the charms of old Agra with us as we walk down on the narrow streets of Agra and experience the culture of this five centuries old city in this 3-4 hours long Agra Culture trail with Indian home visit; just to give you a peek into the lifestyle of local people and the Indian culture as well.
This guided Agra culture trail is an honest try to show you the real Agra beyond the much hyped Taj Mahal and its culture. It includes walking through the old bazaars (wholesale markets) of spices, utensils, cosmetics, along with exploring the old city charm and daily lifestyle. There are plenty of chances to stop and sample a samosa or a chai from a street stall during this culture walk.
As this is a walking tour, we will walk through narrow lanes to visit the people, sites and smells of old Agra. No two trips of this Agra Culture walk will be the same as there is always something happening in this part of town. Your local guide will take you on a real life experience that allows you to lose ourselves.
- Walk on the back streets of Mosque in old Agra while learning how to bargain the Indian way.
- Look beyond Taj Mahal and explore Mughal era with old buildings and the events that lay buried in the history of over five centuries.
- Discover the sights, sounds, smells and secrets of the old city while walking through the wholesale markets of spice, utensils, jewelry.
- Explore ancient Hindu temple and sample street snacks and have a cup of chai (tea).
- Ride a rickshaw on the narrow lanes and understand why cows are more important than us on the roads.
- Visit an old Indian home, chat with the residents, see the culture & learn some untold stories about Indian way of living over a cup of tea.
- Duration : 3 – 4 hours.
- Language: The tour is exclusively in English.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Transport by car or tuk tuk.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Price per Adult|
|US$ 20 / INR 1500|
No hidden fees or surcharges. You can pay tour charges once we meet in cash either in US$ or equivalent Indian Rupees / Euros. 2 Kids below 12 years are included free per couple, but please inform us before so that we can arrange transport accordingly. Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the service starts.